Saturday, May 9, 2009

Blogging

Blogging has always struck me as being an odd thing. I used to do it a lot when I was younger, but it's just not the same as having a handwritten account you can hold and feel and flip through. Isn't it weird too that you're assuming the rest of the world is interested in what you're doing? I mean I really like to read other peoples' blogs, but then it makes me feel self-centered when I expect others to feel the same way about mine. Who am I that anyone else would give a crap? I suppose it's an easier way to update people about your life than telling them all individually, but even that concept bothers me.

Despite these things, I realize an artist in the present day cannot get by without a website of some kind. Why not post art and daily updates on my life? Of course I'll keep my paper journals closer than my laptop, but this will do as a complement.

So, all that to say, here I go with the first blog I've kept in years. I'll try to post as much art as text, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment